Sunday, July 31, 2011

GenCon 2011 is right around the corner!

So here's a couple of resources to help prep yourself for some gaming madness:

1 - First, MadBrew Labs has put together an interactive map of the dealer hall, so you can check the websites of the folks who want to sell you their stuff, to see what stuff they want to sell you.  (Just zoom out with the mouse wheel and hover over the booths to see what's going to be there).
And don't worry Travis, they're back as booth 1257.  Much closer to the central main-thoroughfare than I would have expected.



2 - Second, the GenCon App has finally been updated to GenCon2011!  It looks pretty good, its got all the maps, you can search events and whatnot, schedule your stuff, looks pretty useful.  I downloaded it, but since I just have an iPod touch without access to either the 3 or the 4 G's I won't be counting on it to get me around.  I'll count on the huge catalog I get the first day and my handwritten scrawls in the corners of the maps, as god intended.  I'm not going to link to the app since those who are app-capable kind of know how to search for apps.

I'm going through the map now, trying to find stuff that'll be released.  Last year a lot of companies held off on releasing stuff at GenCon for various reasons, none of them I accept due to my selfishness.  I'm especially worried Flying Frog Games will do what they did last year and just have the new stuff for pre-order, rather than available for me to purchase right then.  I'm talking, of course, about their upcoming game: Fortune and Glory. Yes, it looks good.

No comments: