Sunday, November 9, 2014

GameHole Con 2014! - Shadows Over Eternia pics


Just got back from the last day of GameHole Con and have been up way too late for too many nights for an old man like me. Its Sunday afternoon which means its time to put the books and minis away and get things ready for the work week, but I figured I'd throw up a few pics from my game of Shadows Over Eternia: He-Man vs. the Cthulhu Mythos that I ran on Friday. It went incredibly well, thanks to some great players and plenty of Zip-fizz in my water bottle. And for me this game was only the beginning of an awesome weekend, because after running this I got to speak with the real Elminster in a game run by Ed Greenwood himself, died horribly in the Tower of Akbaba run by Luke Gygax, and even won one of the two open spots to play the Dungeon Bastard's World's Worst Dungeon Crawl!

Simply put, I can't wait for next year.


Beastman's jungle ambush!


Skeletor killed Beastman's pet T-rex, Evil-Lyn re-animated it, and then had it devour Beastman.
Castle Greyskull makes a fantastic DM screen.



Just...don't ask.
Evil-lyn riding her zombie Tyrannosaurus into the village.

Inside Castle Greyskull.

Greyskull laser puzzle.
It was the Masters of the Universe vs.The Great Old Ones!

4 comments:

Marissa said...

That.
Is.
Amazing.

I was playing Kingsburg next to a Sesame St. RPG group so I'm glad there was a setting for everyone :)

Cory said...

Yes! I heard about that 'Nightmare on Sesame Street' game and saw pics after the Con. Looks like it was hilarious/horrifying in equal measure! I'm sorry I didn't get to play in it.

Venger Satanis said...

Wow, cool! I walked by and saw the Castle Greyskull GM screen, had to take a closer look. Even heard about the session from a player on Saturday night. You're setting the bar too high, dude! ;)

Cory said...

Thanks Venger! That means a lot coming from you, for real. I've got the islands of purple-haunted putrescence, and I gotta say, big fan.