Sunday, May 17, 2015

Hyperborean Adventures Kickstarter!

Batton down the Hatches, Adventurers! For the time has finally arrived for the long-awaited (by me at least) the Hyperborean Adventure Three-Pack!


Just look at the epic titles to these three adventures!

FORGOTTEN FANE OF THE COILED GODDESS!

GHOST SHIP OF THE DESERT DUNES!

BENEATH THE COMET!


I will be the first to admit that I was bitten by the Kickstarter bug as hard as anyone, and have gotten stung by unfinished Kickstarters more often than I'd like to admit. But I still want to discuss a small-publisher Kickstarter that I am really excited about. Especially when I know that the Kickstarter will be completed and shipped shortly after the campaign ends. How do I know this? Well, because I spoke with the creator of Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea, Jeffrey Talanian, at GaryCon this year about this very subject and about his possible upcoming Kickstarter. Essentially I questioned him on when he was going to release these three adventures or start the Kickstarter for them which I had been hearing about. He assured me that the was taking his time before opening the Kickstarter, because he wanted to have everything written and art received from his artists for the adventures before he launched the Kickstarter, so there would be no way he couldn't assemble them and publish them with the Kickstarter funds. A cautious and conservative financial outlook in the seemingly Wild-West world of Kickstarters.

I'm particularly excited about this one. Space Monsters + Battleaxes = WIN
How Jeffrey does it is how Kickstarters should be run. I don't know about you guys, but how many Kickstarters have you donated to that have been held up by the "Uhhhh....we're still waiting on the last few pieces of art," updates? I've been getting that exact update excuse every few months from the Tunnels and Trolls Kickstarter since 2013 (that was supposed to deliver the finished products back in August 2013!) Jeffrey from North Wind Adventures, on the other hand, is doing his Kickstarter right, and I can vouch for the quality of writing he puts into these adventures. They are great reads, and if you aren't interested in finding out what space-faring monstrosities your  adventurers will encounter in BENEATH THE COMET, well then, I can only assume you stumbled onto this blog by accident while googling for tree-trimming services.

The Hyperborean Adventure Three-Pack Kickstarter is out now! Check it out!

No comments: