Sunday, March 29, 2015

GaryCon VII

Nobody can say that I am not dedicated to the gamer cause. One short week after hosting ScanCon 2015, I made the trek out to Lake Geneva to attend GaryCon VII and play a level of the upcoming Hobby Shop Dungeon with Ernie Gygax himself!

Ernie shortly after tearing my level 4 Ranger a new one with a couple of werewolves down on the third level of the Marmoreal Tomb of Garn Pat'uul.


Maple Bacon donuts were available at the convention. Because Wisconsin.

Got Ernie to sign my copy of the first level map of the Marmoreal Tomb of Garn Pat'uul!

Picked up an adventure written by the same map-maker that does the Marmoreal Tomb, Benoist Poire.

And for better or worse, the Big Bang Theory has become synonymous with all things geek.
 
Got to meet the creator of Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea, Jeffery Talanian!

And of course pick up a copy of the new Adventure for AS&SoH.

Gaming!
GaryCon was great, and even though I was exhausted still after ScanCon, I am very glad I made the trek down to attend and game with the old guard. And as Ernie told me, a lot of these guys from the original TSR days are pushing 70, so if folks want to have a chance to game with them they ought to act on it while these guys are still around. I suggest all people on the fence about taking a trip to one of these make the effort to attend one of these small old-school Wisconsin Cons sooner rather than later (GaryCon, Gamehole Con, or Nexus Game Fair), it will definitely be worth your while!

Game On!

No comments: