Sunday, June 28, 2015

He-Man vs. Cthulhu 5e Playtest Video in the GameHole

Just finished running Shadows Over Eternia: He-Man vs. the Cthulhu Mythos 5th edition game at Nexus Game Fair. As always it was great fun, a couple of highlights being He-Man taming a T-Rex against all odds and turning it into his new "Battle-Rex," and Trapjaw escaping alone back to Eternia (after Skeletor and Evil-Lyn had been killed by Cthulhu) and leaving He-Man, Man-At-Arms, and Teela in R'yleh to rot! If you are one of those players reading this, thanks for a great game at Nexus!


But a couple weeks ago I wanted to playtest the 5th edition update to this game (it previously was 3.5e), so I wouldn't be all thumbs as far as the 5e updates go at the actual convention game at Nexus. As luck would have it, I got permission to playtest the updated game at the actual Gamehole in Madison, WI!

Since I was going to be playing in such a shrine to gaming, I figured I'd ask the players coming to the playtest to feel free to use their smartphones and cameras to record little bits of the game whenever they went to take a picture or if they felt like it. Also, the official Vorpal Chainsword photographer, ShadowGolem, brought along a camera and tripod and set it up above the table, so we could get a time-lapse picture set of the whole game! Everyone sent me all their pictures and video snippets they happened to take and I put together a simple little 9-minute video showcasing the 6-hour game.

If you like 80's cartoons, D&D, Miniatures, and Cthulhu, then you might get a kick out of it.


No comments: