Friday, September 27, 2013

30 Day D&D Challenge: Day 27-A character you want to play in the future

Hmmm.  A character I want to play in the future?  I guess I've always wanted to play some sort of Tinker Gnome.  You know, a little guy who wears goggles, invents stuff, Jan Jansen style (Baldur's Gate II).  Never have played a Gnome I don't think.  Not in OD&D anyway.


He'd be Gnomish Mage/Thief or something to justify his wacky inventions.  His name would be Grizzgold Scrufflebottoms.  Maybe he'd even pilot an airship, The Exuberant Turnip.  He'd travel around the Realms with his merry band of adventurers seeking out riches and collecting hummel figurines.


Here's to Gnomes!

3 comments:

brando said...

I'd like to play a morbidly obese mage. One with a dex of 5. Then he could hardly move around, and be a physical hindrance to the party.

He'd be a great mage though. So he would have a lot of value, but he wouldn't be able to go down ropes or ride small horses, etc.

And I'd do the Fatty McGee voice all the time. Wheee! Wheee! Wheee-hee-heee!

There could be a lot of fun roleplaying with that. I could yell in Chris Farley voice, "BACK OFF, I'M HUNGRY!", and make constant food references. While everyone's tending to his armor, he's eating a sandwich or rothe-burger.

Maybe during combat, he can't do spells with a verbal component because he's got his face stuffed with turkey bacon wraps.

That would rule.

Cory said...

His name would be "Mordu the Magnificent," but everyone would just call him "Mordy." Or "Mordy the Meatball." Which he would hate.

brando said...

I'm going to start him on Thursday. Done. This is going to rule.