Sunday, June 14, 2015

He-Man in the Gamehole

Something about that blogpost title doesn't sit quite right...but I'm not going to dwell too much on it. That's because what that title is referring to is that yesterday I got to run Shadows Over Eternia: He-Man vs. the Cthulhu Mythos at the actual Gamehole!


It was a playtest of the new and improved 5th edition version (updated from 3.5e) of my He-man/Cthulhu convention one-shot game in preparation for running it at Nexus Game Fair in two weeks. See, I needed to practice toting all the figures, terrain, props, and whatnot from the Vorpal Chainsword Game Workshop(tm) to another gaming location and time the setup/session/teardown to make sure it fell within my alotted game time for Nexus. I realized this would be a great excuse to ask Alex if I could run it in the Gamehole, and he was kind enough to let me use the space to practice. Not only that, but all the players chipped in with recording snippets of the game on their phones and cameras and whatnot and we got some pretty sweet video and pics of the session. I'll see if I can sort through it all to find the interesting bits and  make up a quick (and concise) video showing all the cool stuff from the game, which I'll post up on the Vorpal Chainsword website when complete.

The Jungles outside of Snake Mountain are filled with vicious Eternian Laser Raptors!
In the meantime, here's a sneak peek (and minor spoiler) of some raw video taken after the players solved the first of the laser puzzles inside Castle Greyskull!



No comments: